Throughout History, from the very dawn of humanity the greatest threat to the Deen of Almighty Allah and Islām has been those clandestine groups who labeled themselves as sincere adherents to the faith of Islām, whereas their only motive was to destroy Islām from within. When we take a leap into the past we see that Christianity was not actually banned by Jewish Rabbis and Romans (who denounced the prophethood of Isa [Alaihis Salaam] but was rather reinterpreted by a Jewish rabbi by the name of Saul who later named himself as Paul. He introduced the blasphemous doctrines of divinity, atonement and divinity of Isa [Alaihis Salaam] into the once divine and monotheistic faith of Christianity.
Unfortunately, the fact remains that the majority of Christian adherents throughout the world have not realized that they are not following the teachings of Isa [Alaihis Salaam] but they are actually following Paul and his polytheistic beliefs. Likewise, Shi’ism is not based upon any verifiable article of faith but rather it is a concoction of paganism and Judaism.
In this article we shall scrutinize some of the basic tenets of Shi’ism and you will realize that they are pregnant with absurd lies. Abdullah Ibn Sabah (the accursed) infiltrated the ranks of the new Muslims and entertained them with exaggerated profane beliefs such as Allah had actually selected Hadhrat Ali [R.A] for apostleship (Nubuwwah) but Jibraīl [Alaihis Salaam] erred and gave the mantle of Nubuwwah to Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم . With great deceit and treachery, Abdullah Ibn Sabah and his accursed followers orchestrated one of the most heart shattering wars amongst the companions of Rasūlullah [Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam]. Eventually, Ibn Sabah was burnt alive at the command of Hadhrat Ali [R.A].
Thereafter, the followers of Ibn Sabah promoted his wicked legacy thus giving birth to multiple sects. The common factor amongst all of them was their exaggerated beliefs in regards to Hadhrat Ali [R.A] and ludicrous beliefs in regards to the Imams. The Imams were pious servants of Allah Ta’ala but the Shi’ites have tarnished their image by linking a number of blasphemous beliefs towards them.
PREPOSTEROUS BELIEFS OF THE SHI’ITES:
- REGARDING ALMIGHTY ALLAH
- Instead of supplicating to Allah they call upon the servants of Allah. They believe that their twelve Imams are infallible. Their Kalimah is: ” There is none worthy of worship besides Allah, Muḥammad is his messenger and Ali [R.A] is the Wali of Allah and the deputy of Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم without interruption.”
- BADAH: this means that Allah abrogates His decisions after His error becomes manifest. Thus they attribute ignorance to Allah who is al-Alīm, al-Hakim and al-Khabīr.
- They believe that Allah erred in regards to the Nubuwwah of Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم and Hadhrat Ali [R.A] was deprived of prophethood.
- They claim that Hadhrat Ali [R.A] is the lord Almighty and Shirk (polytheism) is a Sunnah of our Nabi صلى الله عليه و سلم
- When Allah is happy he speaks in Persian and when he is upset he speaks in Arabic.
- REGARDING RISĀLAH (PROPHETHOOD)
- Khomeini states: whichever Rasūl or Nabi came did so for the purpose of enforcing justice throughout the world. However, they were not successful, including Rasūlullah [Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam] who came for the reformation of mankind and enforcement of justice. He came for the training of mankind, but was unsuccessful. The Shi’ites degrade the rank of Nubuwwah.
- Hadhrat Ali [R.A] has the same status and position of Rasūlullah [Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam]
- Allah has made it obligatory to follow Ali [R.A] just as he made it obligatory to follow Muhammad [Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam]
- Hadhrat Ali [R.A] is superior to all the Ambiyā [Alayhimus Salam]
- Hadhrat Yūnus [Alaihis Salam] was punished for rejecting the Wilayah of Hadhrat Ali [R.A]
The corner stone of Shi’ism is the belief in the Imamate of Hadhrat Ali [R.A] and his descendants [R.A]. None can be a true believer unless he adheres to the doctrine of imamate. They believe that the Imams were selected and appointed by Allah, the first being Hadhrat Ali [R.A] and the last being the son of the eleventh Imam Hassan Zaki . They believe that that the twelfth Imam, Muhammad Mahdi is hiding in a cave known as Surra Man Ra’a and he was born during the year 365 A.H. and has been hiding in this (imaginary) cave for the past thousand years. Prior to Qiyāmah he will make his appearance and he will destroy the false religions and he will spread correct beliefs. The doctrine of Imāmah is the most threatening as it defies the beliefs of Ahl al-Sunnah Wa al-Jama’ah in regards to Nubuwwah and Khilafah al-Rāshidāh. BELIEFS REAGARDING THE IMAMS:
- Shias believe that the Imams are innocent and can never commit sins (i.e. they are infallible)
- Obedience to the Imam is compulsory
- They receive revelations just as the Ambiyā
- Annually, on the night of Lailatul Qadr the decrees of Allah are revealed to the Imam
- The Imam has the right to convert any unlawful shariah injunction into lawful and vice-versa
- Sleeping does not nullify the Wuḍu of the imam
- He is can see in front of him and behind him simultaneously
- Miracles occur at their hands
- Their birth is not similar to other human beings; they are born from their mother’s thighs.
- The status of the Imams is higher than all the Ambiyā and angels
- A fragrance always emanates from the body of the Imam
- Khomeini, Iranian Revolution and the Shi’ite faith (Ml Manzur Nomani رحمه اللہ )
- Al-Shia on the scale (Dr. Yusuf al-Nagrami)
- Tarikhi Dastawez (a historical record exposing the Shias from their original sources which was presented to the parliament of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Available in English @ Darul Uloom Zakariyya):
- Are the Shias Kuffar? (Ml Haq Nawaz Jhangwi رحمه اللہ )
- The differences between the Shias and the Majority of Muslim Scholars (Saeed Ismaeel : Riyadh)
Sheikh Zia Ur-Rahmān Fārūqi (Rahimahullah) writes in Tarikhi Dastawez (a historical record exposing the Shi’ites from their original sources which was presented to the parliament of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Now available in English):
The Muslim Ummah should remember that the basic difference between the Muslims and Shi’ites is not in regards to day to day basic laws such as Ta’ziyah, Mut’ah, Taqiyyah and calling the Sahabah al-Kirām [R.A] kāfir etc…All of these were concocted to support the concept of Imamate. They want to give rise to a theoretical Khilafah in opposition to the Muslims. It has been proven from Shi’ite sources that after Nubuwwah a theoretical Imamate was put into place. They believe that the status of Imamate is greater than Nubuwwah. The Khilafah of the rightly guided companions of Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم is supported by the Ahadith and Quran Shareef, whereas the concept of Imamate is indeed baseless.
In order to support their theoretical Khilafah of Imamate they have invented false beliefs. When they were asked that if Imamate was such a great position, then why isn’t it mentioned in the Glorious Quran? As you guessed, they couldn’t answer so they invented the belief that the Quran was tampered with and is incomplete. If the Qur’an was complete then the twelve Imams would have definitely been mentioned therein. The real Quran is hidden in a cave with Imam Mahdi. In order to prove the concept of Imamate they changed the entire shape of Islam. When they are questioned that if Imamate holds such an important position in Islam, then how come there isn’t a single narration from the galaxy of Sahābah to support this belief? They reply that besides four Sahābah, the entire galaxy of Sahābah al-Kirām became renegades.
Muslims must be cautious of the enormous threat which the Shi’ites pose against Islām and the Muslims in general. As Muslims we must educate our children, family and friends in regards to Shi’ism.